Crisis Communications Plan Preparation
City of Carlsbad
Carlsbad knows it must communicate effectively during a disaster of any type, especially a wildfire. SAE was hired to prepare the city’s first comprehensive Emergency Public Information Plan. It was designed to integrate with the agency’s incident management plan and with federal mandates to integrate systems and policies. Carlsbad’s plan integrates seamlessly as a National Incident Management System (NIMS)-compliant plan yet is tailored to all local potential incidents.
Port of Long Beach
The Port of Long Beach is one of the United States’ most important gateway for the movement of goods into and out of the country. Communicating effectively during an incident, whether earthquake, tsunami, strke or incident of violence, whatever happens in Long Beach impacts not just the massive Southern California economy, but of the U.S. economy. With this backdrop in mind, we created a comprehensive and tailored Emergency Public Information Plan that ensures all Port stakeholders, from local residents to the owners of shipping lines in Asia, are aware of what is taking place.
Washoe (NV) Regional Emergency Public Information Plan
Working with Washoe County, the cities of Reno and Sparks, and the local hospital and statewide universities, we prepared a regional emergency public information plan that focused on regional emergency communications. The purpose of the Plan is to identify those responsible and the necessary steps to accomplish the following:
1. To factually assess the situation and determine whether a communications response is warranted.
2. To assemble a Crisis Communication Team that will make recommendations on appropriate responses.
3. To implement immediate action to:
- Communicate actions to ensure the health and safety of anyone impacted by the incident
- Identify constituencies that should be informed about the situation
- Communicate facts about the incident
- To convey operational information about the region
- Minimize rumors
- Restore order and/or confidence
- Minimize fear